June 4 - Pfc. Vincent J. Ellis, 22, of Tokyo, Japan, died in Landstuhl, Germany, from wounds suffered June 1, on Forward Operating Base Salerno, Afghanistan, when enemy forces attacked his unit with improvised explosive devices and small arms fire.
June 6 - They died in Qarah Bagh, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when their helicopter crashed. Killed were:
- Capt. Scott P. Pace, 33, of Brawley, Calif., and
- 1st Lt. Mathew G. Fazzari, 25, of Walla Walla, Wash.
June 7 - Pfc. Brandon D. Goodine, 20, of Luthersville, Ga., died in Maiwand, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device.
June 8 - Cpl. Anthony R. Servin, 22, of Moreno Valley, Calif., died while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. This incident is under investigation.
- Master Chief Petty Officer Richard J. Kessler Jr., 47, of Gulfport, Fla., was found deceased in his berthing compartment June 8 on board USS Enterprise (CVN 65). He was assigned to Enterprise as a logistics specialist. Enterprise is currently deployed to the Fifth Fleet area of responsibility conducting operations in support of Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan).
June 9 - Pfc. Nathan T. Davis, 20, Yucaipa, Calif., died in Tore Obeh, Afghanistan, of injuries suffered when his vehicle was attacked with an enemy improvised explosive device.
June 10 - Spc. Bryant J. Luxmore, 25, New Windsor, Ill., died in Panjwai, Afghanistan, of injuries suffered when he encountered enemy, small arms fire.
June 12 - Sgt. 1st Class Barett W. McNabb, 33, of Chino Valley, Ariz., died in Khakrez, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when he was attacked by an enemy improvised explosive device.
June 12 & 14 - They died in Panjwa`l, Kandahar province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device. Killed were:
- Sgt. Joseph M. Lilly, 25, of Flint, Mich., who died June 14, and
- Spc. Trevor A. Pinnick, 20, of Lawrenceville, Ill., who died June 12.
June 13 - Cpl. Taylor J. Baune, 21, of Andover, Minn., died while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
June 15 - Sgt. Nicholas C. Fredsti, 30, of San Diego, Calif., died in Spedar, Afghanistan, when insurgents attacked his unit with small arms fire.