July 3 - Pfc. Cody O. Moosman, 24, of Preston, Idaho, died in Gayan Alwara Mandi, Afghanistan, when enemy forces attacked his unit with small arms fire.
July 6 - Capt. Bruce A. MacFarlane, 46, of Oviedo, Florida, died in Kandahar, Afghanistan.
July 7 - Cpl. Juan P. Navarro, 23, of Austin, Texas, died in Kandahar, Afghanistan, when he was attacked with an enemy improvised explosive device.
July 8 - Spc. Jonathan Batista, 22, of Kinnelon, N.J., died in Zharay, Kandahar province, Afghanistan, when enemy forces attacked his unit with small arms fire.
- They died of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit in Maidan Shahr, Wardak province, Afghanistan, with an improvised explosive device. Killed were:
- Staff Sgt. Ricardo Seija, 31, of Tampa, Fla.,
- Spc. Erica P. Alecksen, 21, of Eatonton, Ga.,
- Spc. Clarence Williams III, 23, of Brooksville, Fla.,
- Pfc. Trevor B. Adkins, 21, of Spring Lake, N.C.,
- Pfc. Alejandro J. Pardo, 21, of Porterville, Calif., and
- Pfc. Cameron J. Stambaugh, 20, of Spring Grove, Pa.
July 11 - Spc. Sterling W. Wyatt, 21, of Columbia, Mo., died in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when his vehicle was attacked with an enemy improvised explosive device.
July 13 - Sgt. Michael E. Ristau, 25, of Rockford, Ill., died in Qalat, Zabul province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when his vehicle was attacked with an enemy improvised explosive device.
July 14 - Staff Sgt. Carl E. Hammar, 24, of Lake Havasu City, Ariz., died in Khost province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered from enemy small arms fire.
- Sgt. Erik N. May, 26, of Independence, Kan., died in Ghazni province, Afghanistan.
July 16 - They died in Wali Kot District, Afghanistan, from injuries suffered when their vehicle was struck by enemy rocket propelled grenades. Killed were:
- Spc. Sergio E. Perez Jr., 21, of Crown Point, Ind., and
- Spc. Nicholas A. Taylor, 20, of Berne, Ind.
July 17 - Spc. Krystal M. Fitts, 26, of Houston, Texas, died in Kandahar, Afghanistan, from injuries suffered from indirect fire.
July 18 - They died in Ghazni City, Afghanistan, when their vehicle was struck by an enemy improvised explosive device. Killed were:
- Sgt. Daniel A. Rodriguez, 28, of Baltimore, Md., and
- Sgt. Jose J. Reyes, 24, San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico.
July 19 - Cpl. Joshua R. Ashley, 23, of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., died while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.
- The Department of Defense announced the deaths of two sailors who died in a helicopter crash in Oman.
- Senior Chief Aviation Warfare Systems Operator Sean P. Sullivan, 40, of St. Louis, Mo., and
- Naval Aircrewman (Helicopter) Second Class Joseph P. Fitzmorris, 31, of West Monroe, La., were declared deceased following an extensive search of the wreckage and the surrounding areas of the crash.