What's wrong with Republican and conservative leaders? Ted Cruz has now helped win two cases just by bringing them to public view.
1. Firing of Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin. Rehired.
2. Crosses removed from memorial in Georgia. Crosses back up.
Here are some other issues of more national consequence that Cruz is working on.
3. U.S. protection of open internet. (with Sens. Mike Lee, James Lankford and Marco Rubio*)
4. Stop Department of Justice investigation of Global Warming skeptics. (with Sens. Mike Lee of Utah, Jeff Sessions** of Alabama, David Perdue of Georgia and David Vitter of Louisiana)
5. Resignation of Veteran's Administration Secretary Robert McDonald.
Granted 1 and 2 are individual/local issues and not presidential election material. But, 3 through 5 have national implications.
Instead presumptive nominee Donald Trump talks about the judge in his civil case (not smart since the judge can do subtle things to hurt Trump). And Republican Governor Susana Martinez not doing a good job in New Mexico and that maybe Trump himself should run for governor of New Mexico. And claiming there is no drought in California.
*Rubio did a dumb tweet jokingly promoting Obamacare supporter AARP, but no tweet on open internet. Though, to be fair, his tweets are focused a lot on defending against criticism of his endorsement of Trump.
**Couldn't find a tweet from Sessions on this