Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Somebody Is Raising Turkeys in the Suburbs


I got this photo about a minute too late. Five turkeys came walking single file across a medium-traveled Portland road (with a flashing red light at two intersections) stopping my car going eastbound and another car going westbound. By the time I had grabbed my camera from the glove box and pulled on to the shoulder, they were in a yard happily heading toward munchies, and one was already behind the tree. I figure they knew their way home.

It's the first time I've seen a live turkey in Portland ever. But what a fun sight--especially single file. I guess people usually look funny walking single file too. I think of Buster Keaton in Sherlock Jr. closely following his rival. (about the 14 minute point here)

2 comments:

MAX Redline said...

I initially assumed you were talking about Portland politicians. These are more interesting.

T. D. said...

Heh. Too true, Max!