Wednesday, December 01, 2021

A Hospital to Skip If You Are at Death's Door: Edward Hospital, in Naperville, Illinois

According to The Epoch Times, Edward Hospital in Naperville, Illinois for over a week resisted court orders to give treatment that eventually saved his life to a man described by a doctor as having only a 10-15% chance of survival from COVID-19.

"An elderly COVID-19 patient has recovered after a court order allowed him to be treated with ivermectin, despite objections from the hospital in which he was staying, according to the family’s attorney.

"After an Illinois hospital insisted on administering expensive remdesivir to the patient and the treatment failed, his life was saved after a court ordered that an outside medical doctor be allowed to use the inexpensive ivermectin to treat him, over the hospital’s strenuous objections."

Sun Ng, 71, from Hong Kong was visiting his daughter, when he was infected with COVID-19 and within days was critically ill. He was hospitalized on Oct 14. He was intubated and placed on a ventilator a few days later. His daughter, Man Kwan Ng, asked that he be given invermectin after the hospital's remdesivir treatment failed. The hospital refused.

On November 1st, the daughter took the issue to Judge Paul M. Fullerton of the Circuit Court of DuPage County. He ruled that the hospital had to allow invermectin to be given to Sun Ng. The hospital refused to let Dr. Alan Bain enter the hospital to administer the invermectin. At another hearing November 5, the judge again ruled that the hospital “'immediately allow … temporary emergency privileges'” to Ng’s physician, Dr. Alan Bain, “'solely to administer Ivermectin to this patient.'” The hospital again refused to let Dr. Bain enter on November 6th and 7th. 

Finally, the case was again brought to Judge Fullerton on November 8th, and he ruled again that the hospital had to allow Dr. Bain admittance for 15 days to treat his patient. The hospital finally relented.

Ng recovered and was discharged from the hospital on November 27th.

“'My father’s recovery is amazing,' his daughter, Man Kwan Ng, said in a statement.

“'My father is a tough man. He was working so hard to survive, and of course, with God’s holding hands. He weaned off oxygen about three days after moving out of the ICU. He started oral feeding before hospital discharge. He returned home without carrying a bottle of oxygen and a feeding tube installed to his stomach. He can now stand with a walker at the bedside and practice stepping. After being sedated for a month on a ventilator in ICU, his performance is beyond our expectations. Praise the Lord.'”

Why the judge didn't heavily fine the hospital for ignoring his first order is anyone's guess. Why he didn't send to jail those disobeying his second order is incomprehensible. Because fines and jail time are what would have happened to you or me for disobeying court orders. No wonder hospitals act like they are above the law and are masters over their patients. It makes me think that the end of life directives they constantly talk about are so much waste paper. They may well do what they want no matter what you have authorized.

Unfortunately, this is what modern business-oriented healthcare is like. The patient is not first priority the corporation is.


No comments: